Monday 12 January 2015

A day at the sales... oops!

I wouldn't even say a day at the sales. I walked from my flat to the dentist on Saturday. En route I popped into Boots to get some shampoo. Then took a shortcut through Debenhams to the dentist. By the time I got to the dentist I was the proud owner of four - yes, FOUR - new perfume gift sets, an aftershave for Will and some samples.



I don't need to tell you about how good the sales are for picking up perfume. But I will...

My purchases:

- Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, 50ml EDT + 50ml shower gel + 50ml body lotion. Was £49.50, now£32.99 (Boots)
- Versace Yellow Diamond, 50ml EDT + 50ml shower gel + 10ml travel EDT. Was £49.50, now £24.75 (Boots)
- Marc Jacobs Daisy, 50ml EDT + 75ml shower gel + 75ml body lotion. Worth £81.14, was £54.00, now £36.01 (Debenhams)
- Ghost deep Night, 30ml EDT + 50ml body lotion. Worth £29, was £25, now £16.67 (Debenhams)
- Paul Smith Man 2, 100ml EDT. Was £36, now £18. (Debenhams, not pictured)

Plus free samples of:

- Chloé Eau de Parfum
- Balengiaga Rosabotanica Eau de Parfum
- Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum
- Calvin Klein Reveal Eau de Parfum
- Calvin Klein Euphoria Gold Eau de Parfum

(all Debenhams, gifted for buying the Marc Jacobs gift set)

I have always loved JPG Classique, but never bought it, so this seemed like a good chance to pick it up. It's quite a sweet floral fragrance, but grown up and musky rather than girlie and sickly. As for the Versace, I actually bought it by mistake... we bought a Versace perfume for Will's sister a couple of years ago and I thought it was this one, so I didn't even have a spritz in the shop - just bought it as I was sure I liked it. Turns out it wasn't Yellow Diamond, but the good news is I still like it! Though I might not have bought it had I known. Marc Jacobs Daisy is another favourite I've just never bought, and Ghost Deep Night reminds me a little of one of the Dior Poisons, but was essentially a cheap impulse buy for every day wear. Paul Smith Man 2 is one of Will's favourites for every day wear, so it was a good opportunity to buy him it at a bargainous price - and everyone likes an unprompted gift.

Apologies for the dodgy shadows in this pic


Can't wait to get stuck into the samples - I know I love the Bottega Veneta, and Rosabotanica's sister fragrance Florabotanica is one of my favourites (with the most divine packaging), so keen to give that a shot too. And then the other three are new to me, so those will be a real treat!

Total spend: £128.42
Total saving: £85.58 (based on RRP, not value)

And not forgetting the free samples... If anyone's looking for ideas for my birthday in March, I certainly don't need any perfume...

What's your biggest sale bargain?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment