Sunday 4 January 2015

Well hello there

I've been thinking about writing a blog for quite some time, but life keeps getting in the way, and I just haven't got round to it. I used to love writing - fiction and non - but it's been ages. And what would I write about? Who would read it? Then I decided that by the time I worked those things out, another year would have passed it and I still wouldn't have done it. Plus this year I'm starting a new job, turning 30 and getting married, so at least that should give me some topics for blog posts. 

The final nail in the coffin was the oracle, Caroline Hirons, writing the other day, "if you are thinking of starting a blog and are procrastinating. Just do it." and everyone that knows me knows I will do literally anything that woman says, and so, here I am. On a side note, if you have skin, you should read her blog. Now.

So what will I write about?

To be honest, I'm still not entirely sure. They say you should write about what you know, so that means food and drink, health and beauty, travel, wedding planning, theatre, music, film and tv. I'm sure over time, I'll work out where my niche is and what I enjoy writing about - and if anyone actually reads this, let me know what you'd like to read more/less of.

A note on the name


I didn't want to let the lack of the perfect name be the reason I didn't start this thing, but I'm reasonably happy with it:

  • Stingin' Belle is my favourite Biffy Clyro song
  • Swingin' refers to my love of jazz, blues, swing and all things retro
  • Belle relates to all things beautiful
  • I'm not into the other type of swinging

Next up: Likely a restaurant review of Caravan in Exmouth Market, assuming I get round to writing it while I still remember it.

Til next time.

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment