Sunday 19 April 2015

Insanity diary - days 59-63

I always said the biggest challenge with Insanity would be fitting it into a busy schedule, so its not really a surprise that I had to skip another session this week due to getting home from work so late (had I done it, I wouldn't have had time to cook and eat before bed). I did pretty well the first few weeks when work was quiet and I didn't have many weekend plans, but it's got a lot harder recently between longer hours at work and being away for a couple of weekends. Day 60 should have been the last day of the programme, but instead marked the start of the Max sessions.

In better news, I'm starting to see some real change in my body. Nothing drastic, but my waist is definitely smaller and I'm feeling a bit better about myself in general. More importantly, I feel strong.



Day 59: Another unplanned day off due to getting home from work really late.

Day 60: Max Interval Circuit. Wow. Ow. This session cranks the volume up to 11, and the duration up to nearly 60 minutes (all the sessions from the first month are 38-45 mins). It takes the same circuit format, but every exercise is done for 45 seconds instead of 30, and they're all a lot more intense - everything is faster and harder. Even the warm up. And lots more upper body work - my weakness. It definitely wasn't easy, but I'd say I found it about as difficult as the first time I did the first sessions, so I'm hoping that within a week or two it'll be tough but manageable.

Day 61: Another day off - and boy was it worth it to have a lovely catch up over some fab food at House of Ho with my bloomin' gorgeous chum (and chief bridesmaid).

Day 62: Max Interval Plyo. Again, ow. At least slightly shorter than Max Interval Circuit. Lots of legs, lots of upper body. Squat push ups were a personal favourite - genuinely enjoyed an upper body exercise. Level 3 drills nearly killed me. And don't start me on some of the combo exercises.

Day 63: Max Cardio Conditioning. This was like the Pure Cardio session from month 1 - individual exercises were performed for a minute with no repeats and no breaks, other than the 5-10 seconds you get while transitioning and Shaun T is demoing the next exercise.


Bring on tomorrow's recovery day of stretching :)



Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment