Sunday 12 April 2015

Insanity diary - days 43-56

So I'm pretty far behind now, but ready to get back on it!

Day 43: Day off - one I was meant to have

Day 44: An unexpected work celebration meant getting home about 1.30am and not working out...

Day 45: Day off. One I wasn't meant to have, but one which day 44 necessitated.

Day 46: Decided that as I was going on holiday, there was no point in doing one workout when I also had to work late then get home and pack etc... I did at least go for a run!

Days 47-50: 4 fab days in Copenhagen. Lots of food, but lots of walking meant I didn't feel atrocious!

Day 51: Time to get back on it. If I'd picked up where I left off, this would have been the Fit Test followed by the first of the Max sessions, so a full 90 mins of HEAVY going workout. But I decided that as I'd had over a week off, that would be the best idea. My Fit Test results would undoubtedly be depressingly poor, and the Max session might just kill me. So instead I embarked on a self-prescribed catch up week. Starting with Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Doing this session convinced me I'd done the right thing. Admittedly, I'd eaten very lightly that day which might have contributed to it, but I felt awful. I struggled to keep up, I felt sick and lightheaded, and I had to take a couple of breaks. I felt like I'd really let myself go just by having a few days off! But I got through it.

Day 52: Cardio Power and Resistance. Tough again. But no lightheadedness or nausea - progress!

Day 53: Pure Cardio. This was always my least favourite, though recently I've started to like it better. Still harder than it was, but again, felt my fitness coming back.

Day 54: Day off - should have been a rest day (cardio recovery) - but I had an awards do to go to which meant another late night.

Day 55: Core Cardio & Balance. Got through this reasonably easily and enjoyed it. Almost there!

Day 56: Repeated Core Cardio & Balance, and again I got through it without too much difficulty.

Which means I've finished my catch up week... got tomorrow off, then on Tuesday I'll be doing the Fit Test and attempting the first Max session. Oh dear. Oh dearie dearie me.

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment