Tuesday 17 February 2015

Insanity diary - day 3

Getting home from work this evening I had no idea how I was going to manage another workout this evening, but I'm a pretty competitive and determined sort, so in goes the DVD.

Tonight's workout was cardio power & resistance, and honestly, I found it ok. Still hard obviously, and still couldn't do it all without a few breaks, but I managed the very vast majority of the workout.

I also noticed as time went on that I'm even enjoying it - it's pitched at the right level to be both aspirational but manageable, you really feel you've achieved something come the end of a session, and the time goes pretty quickly when you're focusing on the pain.

I predict some very sore legs tomorrow, but I even kind of enjoy that - it's a reminder that I'm doing something good for my health and I've earned my aches.


Plus, tomorrow is a recovery session, which means lots of stretching rather than cardio and strength. In my eyes, that's practically a night off.

Ax


No comments:

Post a Comment