Saturday 14 February 2015

Skincare review - Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix exfoliating facial pads

I've been flirting with glycolic acid for a while now. Saucy. I started with Alpha H's famous Liquid Gold - maybe my expectations were too high, but I just didn't love it. Used 2-3 times a week as a treatment at night, I'd wake up with my skin feeling greasy and grubby. I then moved on to First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance Pads which I did like a whole lot more. At around £18, they're not overpriced, and I found them pretty effective. I was all ready to repurchase when I was in Boots one day and spotted Nip + Fab's Glycolic Fix exfoliating facial pads on offer. So here we are.




Used at the toner stage, they're gentle enough to use twice a day, but I just use them in the evenings - meaning that a tub of 60 lasts two months. Each pad is saturated with enough product to treat the entire face and jawline, the pads stay moist right to the end of the tub, and they are lovely and refreshing with a light, pleasant fragrance. The glycolic acid gently exfoliates, with a little assistance from the pads' bumpy texture, and hyaluronic acid replenishes moisture. Since using, I've noticed a slight improvement in skin texture - and my oily, spot-prone, easily aggravated skin hasn't broken out.


I've just purchased another tub of these, and might try upping the ante to using them twice a day to see if they show any faster improvements, but for under a tenner (as they're always on offer) I'm pretty impressed.

Nip + Fab's Glycolic Fix exfoliating facial pads cost £12.99 for 60 pads, but they're almost always on offer somewhere - currently Boots has them at a third off, and Superdrug has them at half price.

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment