Saturday 7 March 2015

Insanity diary - days 18-20

Another week down - woohoo!

Day 18: I was late back from work on Thursday - having had a long day running a press event in the morning and then an evening meeting - so I was NOT looking forward to this, but at least it was recovery day. I rather enjoyed the stretching as a way to wind down after a long day, but starting it at 9pm was tough as all I wanted to do was plonk my butt on the sofa. I did feel stronger though - was lasting well in the sustained squats and lunges which usually have me with legs shaking like a shitting dog.

Day 19: Doing a hard workout (namely Cardio Power & Resistance) on a Friday night will always be one of the hardest things about an intensive programme like Insanity. Though there is an innate smugness once you've done it. Not while you're doing it though. While you're doing it, you just want to destroy the world.

Day 20: This morning's workout was TOUGH. I imagine at least partly because midweek I workout after work, so doing it in the morning meant it had only been 14 hours since my last and my muscles hadn't had enough of a rest yet. But I did get to do the Plyometric Cardio Circuit alongside my beloved Will - and doing it with someone else in the room is good for motivating me to push that bit harder.

And it all means I get tomorrow off :)

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment