Tuesday 3 March 2015

Insanity diary - days 13-16

Another quick run down before we get on to the good stuff:

Day 13: Cardio power & resistance. Genuinely enjoyed it. Even managed more press ups than usual.

Day 14: Pure cardio. Felt alright. However, I was meant to add a 16 minute abs session on the end of this workout, and I just couldn't as I was running out of time. We had a dinner party this night and had a shedload of cleaning, shopping, and cooking to do, so I gave it a miss in order to get the flat in order.

Day 15: Rest day - yaldi! And much needed after said dinner party.

Day 16: The Fit Test. I was really rather worried about this. When I looked at some of my scores from my initial test, I didn't think I'd be able to beat them, but I was pleasantly surprised. Having a number in mind to beat did make it easier to keep pushing, and having done all the exercises in the various workouts meant there was no real fear - I know it sounds silly to be scared of a workout, but if you've done Insanity, you'll understand!

My scores this time were:


Switch kicks:           110 individual (55 pairs) - up from 90/45 in the first test
Power jacks:            56 - up from 50 in the first test
Power knees:           104 - up from 85 in the first test
Power jumps:          26 - up from 0 in the first test 
Globe jumps:           8 (sets of 4) - up from 5 in the first test
Suicide jumps:        12 - up from 8 in the first test
Push up jacks:         12 - up from 0 in the first test

Low plank oblique: 42 - up from 33 in the first test

So scores were up on all counts. But more so, I was really aware that my form had improved. Not only was I doing more of each exercise, I was doing them better, and essentially working harder, getting more out of each exercise.



So this gets a happy face :)

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment